This hamburger bun recipe is truly amazing and is a must for everyone on the keto diet. This is basically the closest you will ever get to real hamburger buns! Time to have those amazing hamburgers again!!!!!
- 3/4 cup / 75g / 2.7oz cup Almond flour or Almond meal
- 1/4 cup / 30g / 1.05oz cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup / 37g / 1.3oz Flaxseed flour
- 1/6 cup / 20g / 0.7oz Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 tsp / 5g / 0.18oz Baking Powder
- 1 tsp / 2.5g / 0.09oz Garlic Powder
- Salt to your liking 1/2 teaspoon (we use this one)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 full egg
- 1,5-1,75 dl water
- Untoasted Sesame seeds to sprinkle on Buns
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356 F.
- Add the almond, coconut and flaxseed flour in a bowl with the psyllium seed husk, garlic powder, baking powder and the salt.
- In a separate bowl take 3 egg whites and 1 full egg with one tea spoon of apple cider vinegar. Whisk the eggs.
- Add 1,5 dl of lukewarm water and mix up the dough with an electric mixer.
- Then lay 4 buns out on a tray with baking paper. You have to use the spatula to make the buns.
- Add sesame seed to the top and push them on the buns with the spatula so that they really go in.
- Put the keto hamburger buns in the oven for 50-55 mins.
- Enjoy your keto hamburger buns! If you have any uncertainty you can watch how we made this in our video.
1 bun 85 gram calories: 234 fat: 14.4 gr carbs: 6.45 gr protein: 17.4 gr